The Time Ticks Away

The Mobile Buzzed. For the hundredth time. 
"Happy 2k18", "Happy New year. Have a great year", "Wish you a very happy year. Have a blessed year."
My inbox was filled with wishes. Not just the close ones, but also from people who wished me "Happy 2k17" and vanished into space and from whom I didn't hear for an entire year.
These kind of conversations quizzes me.
Well, so what!? We get busy with our lives and we don't find time to even talk to people who are a 'SEND' button away.
Rings a bell?
"So, what exactly happened?"
"You know, we drifted away with time."
"I didn't have enough time to reply to the text nor to pick up a conversation!"
"Work got hectic and I hardly had time to sleep, leave alone having conversations with friends".

Let's blame it on 'Time'. The Time is being accused for all failed relationships, broken friendships, drifted away acquaintances and never begun conversations.
That's right. We spend almost the entire sober time with our mobiles that brings us closer to people continents away and yet, we have little time to connect with friends who are a 'Tap' away.



I'm certainly not a judge here. I, being the worst of all, opened the text my dear friend sent , read the same and replied to it. Mentally.  I repeat. I replied to the text Mentally.
I didn't realise that I haven't replied to the text in words and only when you hit send, the message delivers.
That is the zenith of being absent minded and yet, it's easier to blame the Time.

We get so preoccupied with our monotonous routine, that we don't have time to do things that we love the most.

Every single dream that's ever been crushed is claimed to be murdered by 'No-Time'. We actually blame it all on him and just like Indian Government, we also give away a judgement that, 'No-Time is guilty of Slaughtering the dreams'. But, deep deep inside, we know who the culprit is.
Ironically , we happen to be the murderer and the victim of not living up to everything that we've dreamt of.


Let 2017 sway by. Let's bid him a happy goodbye.
Wait. Hold on. Let's take a moment.
Before you say, "You Don't Have Time", think of people who are really running out of time. With dreams in their eyes and a really little time to live. 
Think about it.
Pick up that damn. Phone and call your mom and ask her if she had her dinner. Because, we can afford to spend a few minutes of our 'busy' schedule.
Reply to that forwards your Dad has been sending to you. Because, it would take less than a second.
Call your old Friends and make that bloody reunion happen. You know, you badly want to meet them all.
Text your brother/sister and ask them how they are. There will surely be a sarcastic reply. But, hell yeah. It's worth it. It'll put a smile on your face ,for sure.
Take that course you've been planning to pursue.
Join the Gym and crack those calories that you've been freaking out about.
Check out that fancy restaurant and devour every special dish.
Learn that language that you've dreamt of being fluent in.
Take some time to think about yourself.
Ask out that guy/girl you've been having a crush on ever since.
Quit that job you hate being at.
Start that business you've been thinking about.
Get that tattoo done.
Dust away the novel that stays cozy in your closet.
Pack your bags and go on a vacation which you've been planning since forever.
Pick up that pen and write that article you've been preparing for a long time.
Fix that lens on the camera and focus on your passion that seems distant
Grab that paintbrush and create a masterpiece today.
Sing your heart out and Dance away your worries.
Sometimes the silliest of your dreams might have the 'might' to make you feel at your best.


Let's not compromise on every thing that we love to do just because we don't find time.
Let's make time. I repeat. Let's Make Time.
Let's make the clock stop.
Let it stop ticking and let us start running.
Towards anything that makes us feel Alive.
This NewYear let's not take a resolution , rather let us live. Let us feel Alive. 

Happy New year , Readers ! :)

Comments

  1. Check out that fancy restaurant and devour every special dish. This s the line which made me feel happy.. ๐Ÿ˜€ btw very nice one๐Ÿ‘Œ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Priya Mangai :)
      This means a lot to me.
      And yes, try out the fancy restaurants and stay happier :)

      Delete
  2. It's really a great one Preethi ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you liked it :)

      Delete
    2. Best part starts from "Join the Gym", from then you just killed it candid akka ๐Ÿ˜Ž

      A very very Happiee New year ...



      Delete
    3. Thank a lot Jaggu :) Happy New year to you too :)

      Delete
  3. Wonderful article indeed!
    Worth reading.. thank you preethi.
    Wishing you a magical 2018❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I'm glad you liked my article :)
      Have a wonderful year

      Delete
  4. Best thing I have ever read on a New year..No more Resolution LET'S LIVE Baby ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜˜

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Let's live, Baby! :*
      Thank you Abiya ๐Ÿ˜˜๐Ÿ˜

      Delete
  5. Well it's an awesome work.. What u thought of doing through ur writing is actually done. It goes very deep. I kind of used to this hearing from u daily but this one is the most needed one for me now. Time, people, lessons and losses have changed me so much this rang a bell. Ur asking me to be the one who I used to be. Its really good and I can see u becoming a good writer. I'm of the type go with the flow wat ever its lately struggling to take even a small step. This one helped me. Believe me this did make change inside me. No more freaking out, no more regrets. Trust me I'm quitting my job. I'll be my self. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers to not freaking out. It's a pleasure :)
      I'm utterly glad you liked the article and you made my day when you said this article brought in a change within you.

      Delete
  6. Forgot to tell u happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be a happier Brand new year For u. :)

      Delete
  7. Superb preethi๐Ÿ‘.keep on writing.Actually i find no time๐Ÿ˜‚ to reply.Sorry for the delay

    ReplyDelete
  8. Superb preethi๐Ÿ‘.keep on writing.Actually i find no time๐Ÿ˜‚ to reply.Sorry for the delay

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

How do you feel about the article ? :)