My perception, her disappointment!

The Whatsoever's Day

Back then, there was a time when Indians where known for their values and yes, for their savings.  Unlike the mutual funds and stock markets which makes your own hard earned money volatile , we, Indians were known for putting aside a part of our salary earned that no matter how hard the situation is we were able to manage it pretty well from the savings.  And then, it happened! The East India company they came in and lured us. They were astonished about one thing out of the million and  they found  the very reason behind the India having a rich heritage.  Yes, The savings! 

As cliche as it sounds, they wanted to break this tradition of ours and hence came in the culture of celebrating mother's day,  father's day, Valentine's day, fools day, friendship day, sibling's day, husband's day, wife's day, this day and that day. We were lured into the culture and in no track of time drowned in it. 'What's the big deal in celebrating??' If that's your question.. then there it is..  the chain spending reaction..  "what's celebration without greeting cards..  what's celebration without gifts..  what's celebration without a party..  what's celebration without liquor.. " and there we started the spending spree. 



And that was my perception about celebrating whatsoever's day and wasn't the least interested in them. It was may and it was the mother's day. With all the paragraphs written above you should have known that I didn't even wish her. Yes, it seemed absurd to me to bring in a celebration for a mere yet another day on the calendar. My wall flooded with the pictures of my friends with their mothers with all the lovey dovey quotes copy pasted from tumblr.Com.  They had their display pictures changed and they made sure it had their mom and the cute version of them in it.  And I was sitting here all irritated looking at all these 'art of love' for A day drama. I was that close to reaching the boiling point of my brain untill I looked up to see my mom. All I could ask was 'what ma?' She still looked at me wanting me to tell something expectantly . With all the irritation, I couldn't think of anything and just smiled at her and left.  I could sense something was disturbing her or to rephrase it..  she was expecting something. 

I was in the adjacent room when her phone rang and I could hear her say a 'low' hello and now I'm bothered. I could hear her speaking on the call and all I could sense was her voice was upset that I couldn't even eavesdrop the conversation.  Yeah,  well..  you know..  it's fun eavesdropping!!  :p Now i hear her "ohh..  yeaahh preethi is good..  hmmm..  no she's is a bit busy..  yeaah yeaah.. she'll ". what the hell..  I couldn't guess what it is..  we should be able to eavesdrop the other person's conversation too..  it's hard to guess the context. She cut the call with this note "no..  I'm not upset..  she sure will wish me!  I hope she's planning something!" Now i know what it is about! 


I felt bad.. she was disappointed. She was close to disappointment. I had a fight inside my head between my perception and her expectation. But i knew what i should do. I ran to the backyard got some flowers and rushed to my room penned a letter and called her "Ammmma! " This time she didn't come up with the usual "endi kathara!? "(Why do u shout? ) but she came out with "dho varen kanna! " (Translation unavailable : since her love is far beyond expression! ) .


 I gave her the flowers and the letter. I could see her face glow with happiness and I told her 

"ammma.. I love you..  i tell you this everyday and these three words are usual..  but always remember I do love you even when I fail to tell you! ".  
Those tears from her eyes out of happiness.. it was the love she expected and not the 'mother's day' wish. A post on a facebook or a party wouldn't have given her the happiness that she gets from the simple I LOVE YOU from her little daughter. Afterall I'm still little in her eyes! 

Comments

  1. And, their happiness is our happiness :) Awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what you realise at the end!! BTW thanks a ton :D

      Delete
  2. Soo cool...😍😘😘😘😘😘..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo cool...😍😘😘😘😘😘..

    ReplyDelete
  4. A great moment for every daughter! <3 Good work Preethi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good write-up! When people sense our love without saying, the happiness will be on a level. And when it is said in words, the happiness will be on vera level! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I completely agree with you Preethi regarding the days! Salute to your love and respect for your mom and the way you expressed it :)
    It reminds me of a similar incident when my mother had expectations on her birthday and I was confuse without a solution. Learnt it now :)
    I would wish to add this "Fixing timetables and dates are for your work/career, not for expressing love towards loved ones".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!! It's just that expression is necessary!!

      Delete
  7. Definitely gave me a smile.
    Great
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely gave me a smile.
    Great
    Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

How do you feel about the article ? :)