The 'Themed' happiness

The split second visit to heaven !!


Everything was a chaos .. my room.. my bed.. my wardrobe  and mom was yelling "Take ur brush.. You need to brush even when you are with ur friends , ain't it?" The sarcasm ! There was a reason . I have never been to a trip without my parents in the past twenty years.. well, since she gave birth to me and now out of nowhere I'm going on a trip with my friends and to a theme park and I said "I'm a grown up! and I can take care of myself". Enough said . she has been complaining since morning and now I'm all set to leave. Dad calls up from downstairs to inform me that it was the 'n'th five minutes i have been saying  and the bus was waiting. I was all excited and kissed amma goodbye. she hugged me and said  " stay safe annnd be back soon !"

Don't imagine much. I was going to Bangalore which is like a 300 kms away from home and yeah, what's home without a bit of drama? finally, I struggled with my luggage, waved dad and was now searching for my friends in the bus. I could see five glowing faces in the dark. Not the happy glow, duh yeah, the selfies with the flash. I sighed and rushed towards them not to miss the one in the million of the pictures.The excitement was in the air and we stayed up all night chit chatting . The Girls, The night time, more of a sleepover without a bit of sleep and hell a lot of gossips. we woke up a  few uncles with all the creeky pitchy laughter and they would have swore at us under their breath . I have no idea when we dozed off .


when the sun pierced through my eyes , that beautiful sky and the nature.. heck no, just kidding ! I was woken up by the constant nagging and pulling and finally to the water splash on my face. It wasn't a pretty sight. The girls were trying to wake me up for the past half an hour and you should know how they would've reacted. I was very tired which in no minute faded away !

There we were, with so much of excitement at the very sight of this monkey. It was a reflex , that i screamed at the top of my voice out of excitement and Abi who has always been the  hyper active, joined in. I have the memory of childhood at theme park where dad would accompany me in every other water games. I have never been on the 'thriller games' as they call it since dad thinks I'm too young for them. Which father will allow his only daughter to a ride , where u stay upside down for a minute or two to bring her heart to the mouth?? well, now u know what would've happened .

We went on a couple of rides and then there was this ride which nobody boarded .It had no queue and so we climed up. It was all colourful and fine structures and trust me, it didn't look scary. Vithya, who was supposedly the ride counselor for me and Dhivya , because u know we didn't want to die out of heart attack on a ride that even the operator doesn't know how it rolls. And she approved this ride to be a safer one and we finally boarded it. The instructions board for this ride had some weird instructions. It said "Don't carry anything in ur pockets!" I know something was fishy, but the excitement carried us away and we were locked in the seats with the chest crushing seat latches. I sat in between Vithya and Mithula , the bold ones .

The operator switched it on and there was music and lights and the axial to which the seats were attached started rotating. wow, it was. The pleasant music, the lights, and it rotates with a normal speed. I was enjoying it. In no time , the axial rotating started to oscillate . I couldn't understand a thing for a few seconds.
In a fraction, we were oscillating , rotating ,  swirling , whirling, twirling, spinning, wheeling, gyrating and when everyone shouted and screamed , All i could do was shut my eyes close and swear at the 'ride counselor' .. yeah, literally I was swearing.


I started having voices inside my head. I have never been this scared ever in my eyes. I started to pray every other god I ever knew.. I chanted.. chanted it.."chellatha , maari aatha , mupaatha,  andha aatha inda aatha.. uyiroda ena idulaendu veliya kondu vanduru ma !" (translation : If at all you're looking at this to understand what it meant, look at this ride further closely.. it was just a million times scarier than it appears!) I had random thoughts besides the screams of everyone and the wind that hits my face constantly every now and then. My mom once dreamt of me , falling down from a ride. It was way back when I was ten years and seems like a significant signal now. I could visualize myself falling down to the ground. I could feel my legs waggling in the free space without any support. I wasn't able to hold on to the latch.. my hands shiver. I was sweating at the same time. My ears were deafening. My stomach was sick.I needed a doctor. But where?? I was somewhere in the middle.. my legs didn't touch the ground and my hands didn't touch the sky. all i could think of was " sethen.. elam mudinjudu!" .The scenes of final destination flashes inside my head adding up the fear. I started fearing ,

what if the axial breaks down ?? 
what if my seat alone gets dismantled and get thrown away?? what if  I slide down and fall?? 
What if  I get a heart attack??
what if the wiring breaks and sets into fire??
what if I die here??
what if I am already dead?
too many what ifs !
The further i closed my eyes , the music that was pleasant sometime before .. I couldn't even hear it. I had convinced myself that I've died  and am somewhere near the hell. and that's it the newspapers are gonna print the headlines " 20 year old, Died in a Ride". I opened my eyes wide and was scared to close it any further.


To my astonishment, the more the scarier it was inside my head, the more the beautiful it was in-front of my eyes.It took us to an altitude from where the complete area of the theme park was visible. It was stupendous.All green and the beauty. I couldn't take my eyes off it.The axial moved up and down and we rotated. I looked down to see the height we were in. My heart was still in my mouth but the higher it goes.. the more beautiful it looks. It was like the bridge to the clouds, rather to the sky. I felt like we were in the top of the sky.It looked like a heaven. I haven't been to heaven before , yet that's how it looked . Like a 'paradise'. The wind that once felt deafening.. now feels good. I was screaming with the rest of them every-time it took us up and up and up ! 


Eventually, it slowed down.. and came to halt .Once the seat latch was released.. we were back in the earth and my feet touched the ground. she wickedly smiled and added "How was the ride?" I chased her and she ran for her life, for she knew I would kill her! 

But that split second, Yes, It was the most fabulous sight. 

Comments

  1. That was Wonderful ...wasn't it?? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best trip ever!! But the ride eh?? I Still hold the grudge.. il kill u gals some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat abt d other one " insanity"??

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had literal no words to explain it!! Insanity and shit.. it drove me insane!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

How do you feel about the article ? :)